What kind of information can you get from your sense of touch? Why are fingers used to read Braille? Students make their own secret code and see if their classmates can read what they wrote.
- What kind of information can you get from your sense of touch?
- Why are fingers used to read Braille?
- Blind individuals can read using a series of raised dots
- Sensitive fingertips allow humans to read Braille
dull pencil, tee shirt or tea towel
About 20–30 minutes, longer with included writing assignment
Yes! Plus extensive teacher notes address the many questions that come up. You shouldn’t have to do outside research on this topic unless you want to. Specific charts and graphic organizers have keys.
Middle School Students, Ages 11-14
- Scaffolded writing prompts & lab reporting
- Diagrams for labeling