How do our muscles produce extension and flexion? This is especially interesting when you realize that muscles can only pull, they cannot push. Understanding that muscles come in pairs is a key concept when understanding a muscular system.
- How do muscles produce extension and flexion?
- Why do muscles come in pairs?
- Muscles can only pull, they cannot push
- Muscles come in pairs
- Tendons connect muscles to bones
- Ligaments connect bones to bones
- Contracting muscles may either flex or extend limbs
2 rulers with holes, string, brad (paper fastener), paperclips
About 20–30 minutes, longer with included writing assignment
Yes! Plus extensive teacher notes address the many questions that come up. You shouldn’t have to do outside research on this topic unless you want to. Specific charts and graphic organizers have keys.
Middle School Students, Ages 11-14
- Scaffolded writing prompts & lab reporting
- Diagrams for labeling