Investigate muscle fatigue with this simple muscle fatigue lab activity. Students can graph their results or focus on the qualitative aspects of the activity. Likely you already have the required simple equipment needed for this memorable lab.
- What happens when muscles contract over and over?
- What causes muscle cramps?
- How can you demonstrate muscle fatigue?
- Muscles become fatigued when used quickly and repetitively.
- Muscle fatigue can be measured.
binder clips or clothespins, second timer
Yes! Plus extensive teacher notes address the many questions that come up. You shouldn’t have to do outside research on this topic unless you want to. Specific charts and graphic organizers have keys.
About 20–30 minutes, longer with included writing assignment
Middle School Students, Ages 11-14
- Scaffolded writing prompts & lab reporting
- Diagrams for labeling