If you’ve never played with pinholes, you’re in for a treat! They never cease to fascinate! Using a desk lamp with foil and a pin you can easily make an image of the bulb inside. Pinholes operate much like convex lenses and are a great precursor to studying optics.
- What happens when you put a pinhole in front of a bright scene?
- What will a pinhole show when placed in front of a screen?
- How can you set up a pinhole to show a scene?
- Light coming from objects can be projected onto a screen.
- A pinhole will cast an image of whatever is behind it.
- Lamps radiate or give off light.
Desk lamp with metal shade, clear light bulbs, foil, cardboard screen, push pin, craft punch/scissors